Thursday, March 01, 2007

IHers commencement dinner!

Grace & I after our first formal dinner in International House


Hahahaha.. Since this blog is pretty much dead, let me now resuscitate it with my commencement dinner this evening.

First of all, we gotta come dressed up, like how we would’ve done for prom and cocktail parties, and on top of that, we gotta wear our academic gown, which makes you immerse into the world of Harry Potter once you put on it. Black in colour with fluffy sleeves, we actually gotta put this own every Tuesdays and Thursdays for our “high table” dinner. Cool eh? The only thing that we lack is magic spells, wand, and spell books… Maybe I can use those thick and old medical books in the library. They look antic enough to pass as spell books. & the next thing I need to do is running around from corner to corner of our residential blocks, pretending that I am late for class… Definitely it gives you a sense of Hogwarts! Too bad the building is not as canggih as Hogwarts.

The block where I stay, it has a revolving-staircase-look-alike, but it doesn’t move. & our rooms ain’t like the dungeons you see in Gryffindor tower. It is just a corridor with 5 rooms on each side, and a communal bathroom. We have pictures of human (maybe they are old headmasters/mistresses in IH) but they don’t move or talk or ask passwords as you walk pass them. They pretty much immobile, unlike the one in Hogwarts where they move from portraits to another.

Most of the people here live with 3 things in their mind, Alcohol-Sex-Smoking disorder. I call it the ASS syndrome. Maybe I am being judgmental, I dunno, but they are no where like those students running in Hogwarts ground, playing Quidditch or practicing spells or eating jelly beans from Hogmeade.

Hrm, it’s 12.45am now and I am typing weird stuff. Not because I miss Harry Potter, but I miss home. Although there isn’t much connection as to what I am typing & missing home, but yah, this is what happened today. By the way, happy Chinese new year to all!!!!

1 comment:

rawr said...

Awww..you guys look so cute in your lil gowns! i wish my uni had that when i was staying in halls. Anyway, WH you gotta get used to the ASS syndrome..it's just their norm, although you might not agree with it.
Happy CNY everybody!

ps: how come auntie chiam hasn't emailed us (or is it just me who hasn't gotten her mail?)